Friday, May 11, 2012

A Huge Hug for Us Mum's



Ok so I haven't been the best blogger and I probably wont continue to be for the immediate future either...I've been busy as most mums are; being a mum, working and doing all the other 101 million things that mums do...

But I wanted to take 5 to say; Mum's WE ROCK!!!

Because we do.. honestly only a mother could go unpaid each day and do the things we do, there is NO one else that could commit to the huge tasks we handle each and every day unless they were paid very well to do so.

I hope you are all spoiled rotten on Sunday for Mothers Day and are given some well deserved time off... I'm of course thinking breakfast in bed, followed by some QUIET time to read a book or favourite magazine in bed, followed by a lovely cup of tea in bed, followed by a movie in bed, hahahaha I think I'm in La La land really but dreaming of the most awesome day ever don't you agree??

I cannot even think of how long ago it was that I was ever so self indulgent and that's what I think needs to be recognised most about Mothers Day. We give up basically anything self indulgent to be a mother first but its also important for us all to put ourselves first sometimes too for the benefit of everyone in your family especially you and your kids.

I'm sure Mothers day is also a day when you look back over the last year and think about what you have to be thankful for and what has changed/developed in your family unit. Well there have been a few changes in ours, I took a couple of photos of my little girls over the last week and have welled up with emotions every time I look at them with such an overwhelming sense of joy and love for my little girls. This is when I think of how thankful I AM to be a mum and not the other way around.

Yes I do go above and beyond the earth to make sure my family is happy and they have everything they need even if we cannot afford it but I am the one who is thankful EVERYDAY, as they have opened my heart to a love and joy that I in no way could have known would have existed if I did not have children. My children and my family are the light of my life and I am so blessed to experienced such happiness.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY FOR SUNDAY

Brenda :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment